Two-factor authentication is a fantastic way to secure your clientarea as it makes you login using your traditional password (something you know) and a token generated from a device such as your smartphone (something you have). This means that even if someone knows your password, your account is still secured as he would need to generate a token from your smartphone.
Find below the steps to activate two-factor authentication on your clientarea.
- Download for free the Google Authenticator for iOS and Android. If you use any other platform, you may search within your app store for an authenticator on your smartphone.
- Login to your clientarea with the correct details.
- Click on human avatar at the top right of your screen. Click on the Security Settings sub-menu to open the page.
- Select the Time Based Tokens service.
- Scan the QR code with an authenticator app, such as Google Authenticator or Duo Mobile.
- Enter in the 6-digit code that the authenticator app generates.
- Click on the Submit button.
- Record the Backup Code in a safe place.
- Click the Close button.
You can return to this page to disable two-factor authentication at any time.
If you have any issues with this, feel free to send a mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.