How to move an addon domain from one cPanel to another
Please note this is not a transfer type supported by WhoGoHost. We will only move content as it is already structured. Our content transfer service, whether free or paid, additionally does not include converting addon domains into their own cPanels, or vice versa.
- Download the content of your addon domain to your local PC.
- Backup any associated database(s).
- Create a subfolder inside the new cPanel's public_html folder.
- Upload the content of your addon domain to this new folder.
- Restore the database backup(s) into the new cPanel.
- If the old cPanel and new cPanel are on the same server, go back to the old cPanel and remove the addon domain from under the Addon Domains icon. (You do not need to delete the original content or original databases.)
- Go to the new cPanel and click the Addon Domains icon. Enter the addon domain name where it says "New Domain Name".
- For the "Document Root" you must enter /public_html/subfolder/ (replace 'subfolder' with the name you chose in step 3). Fill out the remainder of the form and click the Add Domain button.
- If the old cPanel and new cPanel are on different servers, then you will need to update your addon domain name's nameservers (or other DNS records).
Was this answer helpful?
Login to your cPanel and click on MySQL DatabasesEnter the name of the database in the field...
Suspended accounts are terminated based on the billing cycle of the accounts as follows: For...
File permissions Each file and folder located in your account has certain permissions assigned....
Ever wonder what keeps our servers running and how we ensure that resources are fairly used and...
Inode Usage An inode is a data structure used to keep information about a file on your hosting...