Using your website's email via GMail
- Click Settings at the top of any Gmail page, and open the Accounts tab.
- In the Get mail from other accounts section, click Add another mail account.
- Enter the full email address of the account you'd like to access, then click Next Step.
Gmail will populate sample settings, but we recommend checking with your other provider to learn the correct server name and port.
- Enter your Password. This is the password to the particular webmail account, and not your control panel password.
- Server is mail.yourdomainname.com, and the username is the FULL email address with the domain appending the @. Please note. Leave the port as it is. They are correct.
Note: If this does not work, replace the '@' in the email with '+'.
- Decide whether to:
- Leave a copy of retrieved messages on the server.
If you'd like to keep a copy of each message Gmail retrieves in your webmail account on the WhoGoHost server, select the Leave a copy of retrieved messages on the server checkbox. This way, you can still access mail via Webmail, and in Gmail.
If you'd rather delete copies of messages that Gmail retrieves, leave this option unchecked. Gmail will delete the messages from the other account as those messages are retrieved, meaning you'll only be able to read them in Gmail.
- Always use a secure connection (SSL) when retrieving mail. (Check this only if you have bought an SSL certificate for your domain as well.)
If the email account being retrieved from supports Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) encryption, you can select this option to have all information sent through a secured connection.If you select this option, and your email provider doesn't support it, Gmail will let you know that your configuration failed.
- Label incoming messages. If you'd like to automatically label all messages that are retrieved from your non-Google account, select this option.You can choose to use the predefined label (your email address), or you can select an existing label or create a new one from the drop-down list.
- Archive incoming messages.
Mail from this account can be archived directly, without showing up in your inbox. Learn more about archiving.
You are done. Now Click Add Account
Once your account has been added successfully, you'll have the option of setting it as a custom From address. This allows you to compose messages in Gmail, but have them appear to be sent from your other email account.
Click Yes to set up a custom From address.
Was this answer helpful?
1. The server is designed to block most attachment types if they are not zipped up. A...
When sending mail from within horde, the following error message may appear:The folder "Sent" was...
To create an email account, take the steps below Login to your control panel and click on...
Login to your cPanel. (Click here to learn how to access your cPanel if you don't know how to)...